Szechwan Shrimp Sonoma Diet Recipe
From the Sonoma Diet
Once you smell the ginger and soy sauce that spice up this shrimp, you'll be eager to dig in! Luckily, this dish takes only 10 minutes of cooking time.
PREP: 35 minutes COOK: 10 minutes MAKES: 4 servings1 1/4 pounds fresh or frozen medium-size shrimp
4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon dry sherry or water
1 tablespoon Oriental chili sauce with garlic
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
4 teaspoons canola oil
3 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 teaspoons minced)
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups fresh pea pods, trimmed
6 cups shredded Chinese (Napa) cabbage
1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons sliced green onions (scallions)
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel, devein, and rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. For sauce, in a small bowl combine the 4 teaspoons soy sauce, ginger, dry sherry or water, Oriental chili sauce, the 1 teaspoon cornstarch, sesame oil, and the 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
2. Place shrimp in a medium bowl; sprinkle lightly with additional kosher salt and black pepper. Stir in the 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce and the 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch; set aside.
3. In a wok or 12-inch skillet heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add bell pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute. Add pea pods; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove vegetables from wok.
4. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to wok or skillet. Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Stir sauce; add to wok. Cook and stir until boiling; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Add mushroom mixture and Chinese cabbage. Toss to coat.
5. To serve, sprinkle with peanuts and green onions.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 328 cal., 14 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 215 mg chol., 714 mg sodium, 16 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 35 g pro.
The information provided on BestOfWeightLoss.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her health professional. This information is solely for informational purposes and does not constitute the practice of medicine. We encourage all visitors to see a licensed physician or nutritionist if they have any concerns regarding health issues related to diet, personal image and any other topics discussed on this site. Neither the owners or employees of BestOfWeightLoss.com nor the author(s) of site content take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading this site. Always speak with your primary health care provider before engaging in any form of self treatment. Please see our Legal Statement for further information.